The refreshing sweetness of Persimon® provides the perfect balance to the slightly bitter taste of baby kale. This fresh, flavourful salad is full of vital nutrients and makes for a beautiful starter.
Serves 1/4 of recipe
10 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper
- 2 Persimon®, sliced crosswise
- 5 cups (1.25 L) baby kale
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Spanish red wine goat cheese, like Drunken Goat
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) thinly sliced red onion
- For vinaigrette, whisk together lemon juice, oil, chives, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place walnuts in frying pan over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant.
- Arrange 5-6 slices of Persimon® in a circle on 4 plates. In a large bowl, toss together kale, goat cheese, walnuts and red onion with half of vinaigrette. Place quarter of salad in centre of each plate. Drizzle remaining dressing on persimmon slices and serve.
This recipe is provided thanks to Persimon, Kaki Ribera Del Xúquer, Foods from Spain, and the European Union.