Make sure you’re getting your daily intake of fruits and vegetables! An easy way to get those in is with smoothies: they’re perfect for on the go and busy mornings where you don’t have time to sit down and eat but they are both filling and customizable too.
Incorporate some greens, nuts, seeds, flax, oatmeal or even some protein powder to keep you full until lunchtime.
Good smoothies start with a great blender, and we’ve partnered with Breville Canada to giveaway one of their Hemisphere Control Blenders! Learn more about their blender here and enter the contest below:
- 2 whole bananas, peeled and chopped (frozen bananas will yield a thicker, colder smoothie)
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixed berries , frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) liquid of choice like milk, non-dairy milk alternative, or orange juice
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt (you could also substitute a berry yogurt)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately.