A yummy salsa that can also be a great side dish for a picnic. Extend it even further by serving over shredded iceberg lettuce.
- 2 cans corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 purple onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) mild chili powder
- 2 limes (juice from the squeezed limes)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- dash salt to taste
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped seedless watermelon
- Mix together all ingredients except watermelon until well combined. Gently fold in watermelon. Chill.