Make a quick lunch that’s full of fibre and flavour with blueberries and pecans. Make ahead to serve for lunch or a quick dinner for when you come home from work. Add your favourite protein (some black beans, grilled or roasted chicken, or some seasoned tofu) to make it a main entree, or serve it along side dinner as a side.
Serves 1/4 of recipe
25 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 package (8 ounces/225 g) wild rice blend
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) blueberries
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced scallions
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- Prepare wild rice blend according to package directions; drain well. Remove to mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in blueberries and vinegar; cook five minutes stirring frequently.
- Add blueberry mixture to the rice. Add pecans, scallions, mint, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
This recipe is kindly provided by Fruits from Chile, courtesy of the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council.