- Frozen cantaloupe makes a healthy treat on a hot day. Their natural sweetness, tender texture (while thawing), and bright colour make it a kid-friendly snack when it’s sweltering outside.
- Make sure you choose a ripe cantaloupe at the market before you bring it home. Cantaloupes stop ripening after they are picked, although they can still soften at room temperature if left out for a couple of days.
- Slice thinly to add to sweet or savoury sandwiches or to create an appetizer with prosciutto.
- Another popular idea is to leave the rind on, cut it into 1 inch thick slices and grill it over medium heat until it has grill lines and is slightly warm. Remember to brush fruit with melted butter or your favorite oil before grilling to prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Have you ever tried swapping pineapple with cantaloupe for a fun tasty twist on pizza?
- Use a melon baller, then freeze and use as a flavourful ice cube for iced teas and sangrias! The fruit won’t water down your drink and it will add the wonderful flavour of cantaloupe to your beverage!
- Infuse your water with a cube or two of cantaloupe and hydrate with some extra flavour.