- Fresh cherries are best consumed as they are, but they’re also great when used fresh in smoothies, salads, baked goods or frozen treats.
- Use cherries as a replacement for ice if you freeze them ahead of time!
- Cherry pitters are effective tools to remove the pits, but many people use other household items instead. You can try using the blunt end of a chopstick, a straw, or even a metal pastry tip!
- Be sure to wear an apron to protect your clothes from the deep red staining that cherries are known to produce!
- Have a little fun with the kids, let them pretend that cherries can be used like lipstick for a natural, luscious red stain.