Artichokes Go Well With
Dairy: melted/drawn butter, cream cheese, goat cheese, sour cream, cream sauces, Parmesan cheese, and feta cheese
Produce: spinach, lemon, garlic, onion, avocado, eggplant, sundried tomatoes, shallots, potatoes and arugula
Herbs & Spices: olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon pepper, and basil
Protein: chicken, fish, seafood, and eggs
Other: hollandaise sauce, mayonnaise, bread, pasta and pulse
Artichoke Serving Ideas
- Everyone loves to dip artichoke petals. Try this harissa dip to serve with roasted artichokes. Or this lemon chive aioli for these fried baby artichokes.
- Use melted butter, garlic butter, or hollandaise as a dipping sauce for hot artichokes.
- Blend artichoke hearts with sautéed spinach, sour cream, cream cheese and parmesan cheese to make a dip for pita chips or your favourite cracker.
- Add artichoke hearts to a grilled cheese sandwich or pizza, or stuff them for an impressive and beautiful dish.
- Toss artichoke hearts, celery and parmesan together for a modern update on a regular green salad.
- Here’s an inspired idea: deep fry artichoke leaves in beer batter and serve with a creamy, herby dipping sauce.