What Goes Well With Parsnips?
Sweet: maple syrup and brown sugar
Spices: nutmeg, ginger, garlic, and pepper
Herbs: parsley, sage, and thyme
Fruits & vegetables: carrots, apples, and potatoes
- Add boiled parsnips to your mashed potatoes for a subtly sweet flavour and more fibre.
- Roasted parsnips taste wonderful over a warm quinoa salad. Bring out their nutty flavour by adding some walnuts or pecans as well!
- Parsnips and apples are such a classic flavour match: try using it in soups, pies, or even breads!
- You can grate small, young parsnips for salad to enjoy them raw.
- Add some crunch to soups or softer foods: use a vegetable peeler to shave off ribbons of parsnip and flash-fry them in oil until crisp. Remove from oil and let drain on some paper tower. They’ll naturally add more movement and texture to your dish!
- Try making healthy vegetable chips with them!