For a fun twist on pizza, use pita pockets to as a crispy base and pair the sweet juiciness of grapes with tart and creamy goat cheese. Add a hint of freshness with mint leaves and you have yourself a delicious appetizer. Make these grape and goat cheese pizzas when you want to impress your friends and family with your culinary prowess with simply delicious ingredients!
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 whole wheat pita pocket, about 6 in (15.25 cm) in diameter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz (113 g) creamy goat cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless Chilean red and/or black grape halves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 (2.5 mL) maple syrup
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Gently slice pita in half and separate into 2 rounds. Place pita rounds on a baking sheet (insides up) and brush with 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil.
- Crumble and scatter goat cheese onto the pita halves, leaving a little border of naked pita around the edges, then nestle grapes on top of, and around, the crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake pita pizzas for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is warm and pita is crisp.
- In a small bowl or little jar, whisk together 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle fresh mint leaves on top of the cooked pizzas, and drizzle with some of the maple-lemon dressing.
- Enjoy immediately.
Recipe kindly provided by our feature member, Fruits from Chile.