Nectarines and corn come together to make a summery relish that is tasty over chicken, fish tacos, hot dogs, and more. The freshly grilled nectarines and corn add a smoky flavour that’s sweetened with a bit of honey and lime juice. Make this corn and nectarine relish for when you’ve got a whole basket of ripe nectarines and you need a new and exciting way to enjoy them!
Serves 1/4 cup/125 mL
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 5 Ontario nectarines, quartered and pitted
- 1 ear Ontario corn
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Preheat the grill to medium-high; grease the grate well. Brush nectarines and corn with oil.
- Grill the nectarines, turning occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until well-marked and softened. Meanwhile, grill the corn, turning often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until well-marked and tender. Cool slightly.
- Finely chop the nectarines and remove corn kernels from the cob. Toss with red onion, vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, honey and salt. Serve warm or room temperature. Can be store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Makes 5 cups.
• Substitute Ontario plums for the nectarines, if desired.
• Serve with turkey burgers, grilled fish, chicken or pork.