- 1 large peach, peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries from Chile
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp (60 mL + 15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sliced almonds
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula, washed
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 oz (28 g) julienned red onion (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, sliced into small ribbons (chiffonade)
- Half the peach and slice each half into 3 slices, set aside. Wash the blueberries and toss them with 1 tbsp apricot preserves and set aside.
- Whisk together the vinegar, remaining 1 tbsp preserves, lemon juice and zest, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and cayenne pepper until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set the dressing aside to let the flavours marry.
- Preheat oven to 400ªF (205ªC).
- Mix cheese and almonds together and spread them into 4-inch circles on a lined baking sheet. Bake for approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cheese crisps from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. when cooled, cut or break into halves.
- Preheat a broiler or grill to medium heat. Brush the reserved peach slices with 1 tbsp olive oil. Grill the peaches until charred and warmed through.
- In a large salad bowl, toss arugula, butter lettuce, mint, onion, and blueberries with vinaigrette.
- Divide the mixed greens between two salad plates. Top with grilled peaches and garnish with crisp. Serve immediately!
This recipe from the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association was kindly provided by our featured member, Fruits from Chile!