Serve this warm, grilled purple potato and steak salad to show off the striking colour of purple potatoes. Blue cheese dressing is an umami flavour bomb that pairs perfectly with onion and flank steak that brings this grilled purple potato and steak salad all together.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 lb (680 g) small purple potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of olive oil
- 1/2 lb (680 g) flank steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups (1 L ) packed arugula and spinach mix
- 1 cup (250 g) red onion-sliced
- 2 tsp (10 g) of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 g) Blue cheese dressing (like Renee’s)
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold salted water, boil until fork tender. Drain and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, half or quarter depending on size and set aside.
- Preheat grill and season steak with salt and pepper. Grill to medium rare, let rest for 10 minutes until just warm and slice thinly
- Lightly brush potatoes with olive oil. Grill potatoes on BBQ until grill marks appear.
- To assemble the salad, combine arugula, potatoes, steak, onion, garlic, and crumbled blue cheese. Lightly toss with dressing. Season with salt and pepper.