Leeks Go Well With
- Dairy: butter, cheese (Gruyere, Parmesan, and goat), cream
- Spices & Herbs: thyme, tarragon, chives, garlic, mustard, and sage
- Vegetables: carrot, potato, and mushrooms
- Savoury: chicken, fish, eggs, sausage, lentils, pork (especially bacon), and rice
Leek Serving Ideas
- Let the mellow flavour of leeks complement and brighten everyday flavours like cheese, cream, eggs, potatoes, and mushrooms.
- Try an Asian-inspired recipe by making these leek and green pea savoury pancakes! They are super simple to make and so delicious!
- Leeks are delicious when added to breakfast dishes like quiche, frittata, or omelettes.
- Try adding leeks to casseroles, soups, stews, or even rice-based dishes like stir-fry or risotto.
- Leeks are a delicious alternative to onions in savoury dishes like pot pies.
- Braised leeks can serve as an unexpected yet simple side dish for a holiday or celebratory dinner.