If you are a little tired of traditional salad, why not try these easy and delicious lettuce wraps, developed by Chef D of Chefdtv.com!
As seen on CHCH TV!
- 8-10 leaves from a Head of Boston leaf lettuce
- 1-540 mL or 19.5 oz. six bean medley, drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp (5 mL) Chipotle Powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped Green onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped Seedless Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely cut Carrots
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped Roasted peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped garlic scapes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine Bean medley, basil, Chipotle powder, green onions, cucumbers peppers, carrots, garlic scapes, sundried tomatoes, and lemon juice. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay one leaf on a cutting board and fill with 2.5 tbsp of bean mixture. Roll leaf over mixture and serve!
Source: Chef Darryl Fletcher