This classic dinner is filling, full of veggies, and not to mention, a family favourite! This linguine Broccolini® is rich with a creamy sauce yet tastes healthy with plenty of veggies to cut through the richness!
- 1 (bunches) package Mann’s Broccolini®
- 1 package (9 oz/255 g) linguine, fresh, uncooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomatoes, mini-cherry
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) basil leaves, fresh
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) white wine, dry
- 1 cup (250 mL) romano cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) half and half
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (180 mL) butter or margarine
- Drop Mann’s Broccolini® into salted boiling water. After 3 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside. Drop linguine into salted boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Return to boil and cook 1 minute. Drain and toss with vegetable oil.
- For sauce, melt butter, whisk in flour and cook until bubbly. Whisk in wine and half-and-half and cook, stirring until thickened. This can be made ahead of time or use store bought Alfredo sauce.
- When ready to serve, heat sauce to a boil in large kettle. Add tomatoes and basil and cook 1 ½ minutes or until limp. Add linguine and Broccolini®, stirring with large spoon until hot. Add cheese, heat through and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at once with Romano cheese and/or ground black pepper on top.
Calories 1250 | Calories from Fat 490 l Total Fat 56g (sat fat 33g trans 1.5g) l Cholesterol 140mg l Sodium 610mg l Total Carbohydrate 162g l Dietary Fiber 9g l Sugars 7g l Protein 23g l Vitamin A 80% l Vitamin C 110% l Calcium 60% l Iron 30%
This recipe was courtesy of our featured member, Mann’s!