The fresh, juicy flavour of lychee makes for a refreshing granita with the brightness of lime. This crisp and flavourful lychee lime granita makes for a great ending a summer meal or an after work treat!
3 hrPrep Time
3 hrTotal Time
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 L) freshly peeled lychee with juice, pits removed, originally about 2 lbs lychee
- 2 limes, juiced, approximately 3 tbsp (45 mL) juice
- In a small saucepan, whisk sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Using a high-powered blender or immersion blender, combine lychee with lime juice and sugar syrup. Blend until no large chunks remain. The finer the mixture, the less pulpy the granita.
- Transfer to a large baking pan, preferably a 9x3 pan. Place in freezer and use a fork to scrape the edges and break up the frozen pieces every 20 minutes until you have glittering, flaky granita! (This should take approximately 3 hours)
- Serve as is, or garnish with a drizzle of lychee liqueuer or your favourite liquor for a little extra fun!
Lisa Le is the Toronto-based vegan food blogger behind The Viet Vegan. She blogs about food with stories about Vietnamese culture, nerdism, feminism, and her life sprinkled in on top.