This recipe for marinated beets will teach you all you need to know about roasting and dressing beets. Be sure to choose beets that are the same size so they finish cooking at the same time. They taste great warm or cold, or even added to you favourite salad. Looking for another garnish? Feta cheese can’t be beet! Haha..get it!
- 1 lb beets (3-4 medium sized beets)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk oil, balsamic, honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cut off beet greens (save for another use) leaving a 1-inch steam on the beets. Wash beets thoroughly to remove any dirt.
- Place beets in a baking dish and cover with foil. Roast until fork tender, about 50 to 60 minutes (depending on size).
- Carefully place beets in a bowl of cold water. When cool enough to handle, slip the skin off of the beets under cold running water.
- Cut beets into bite-size pieces and add to balsamic vinaigrette, along with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for a half hour at room temperature for flavours to develop.
- Garnish with feta cheese.