- To remove the pit, cut all around the fruit at the seam and give it a twist.
- Nectarines will discolour quickly after being cut, so if you aren’t combining them with something acidic, such as lemon juice or salad dressing, quickly dip the fruit in water with a squeeze of lemon and drain well.
- Sniff a nectarine for ripeness. If they are ripe, they’ll smell like sweet nectar.
- For the most flavour, nectarines are best enjoyed ripe, at room temperature.
- Don’t be afraid of firm nectarines! Unlike peaches, nectarines are typically a little firm when ripe. They can be just as sweet as a juicy peach!
- Grill halves and serve with yogurt and chopped nuts
- Preserve delicious nectarines by making your own freezer jam! It’s easy and you can create beautiful blends that you could never buy in the store.
- Use nectarines to add sweetness to smoothies, oatmeal, etc.