Mushrooms have a naturally meaty flavour that makes a tasty component for some party appetizers! Please omnivores and herbivores alike with these mushroom sliders and top with great complement flavours like cheese and tomato.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (20 mL) honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 Ontario mini portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 slider buns or mini rolls
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 8 slices Ontario tomatoes, such as vine ripe tomatoes
- Baby arugula
- Bring balsamic vinegar, honey and garlic to a boil in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high; grease the grate well. Brush the mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the mushrooms, basting with some of the balsamic glaze, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Toast buns, if desired.
- Layer some arugula, tomato and a mushroom on a bun. Drizzle with some of the remaining glaze. Serve immediately.
For full size burgers, use 4 large Portobello mushrooms and traditional burger buns.
Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze to salads, sandwiches or pastas for a delicious finishing touch.
Nutritional Information per Serving (2 sliders):
Calories 391, Fat 11g, Cholesterol 8mg, Sodium 421mg, Carbohydrates 56g, Fibre 5g, Sugar 12g, Protein 15g