Share these orange tips with your friends and family!
- Cut up orange for an easy and quick snack at home.
- When sautéing onions and garlic in oil, deglaze the pan with some fresh orange juice to use as a sauce for fish or chicken.
- To best enjoy the nutritional benefits of orange juice, drink immediately after juicing. Orange juice loses its nutritional value the longer it sits.
- Oranges will produce more juice when they’re at room temperature. To prepare for the morning, set your oranges out on the counter the night before and you will get as much juice as possible.
- Roll an orange against the counter with the palm of your hand to release the juices before you squeeze them…this also helps to maximize the volume of juice per orange.
- When checking out navel oranges, generally, the bigger the navel, the sweeter the orange!
- Oranges are full of fibre, which helps to support digestion.
- Warm weather can cause oranges to become green again; so don’t be afraid of oranges with a bit of green to them. They’ll still taste as sweet!
- Candy those orange peels (just make sure you wash well) for a delicious and beautiful garnish on your desserts. Check out use real butter’s recipe for candied orange peels.