Bring this Pacific Rose apple spicy dip as a fun appetizer that’s both creamy, spiced, and has a crunch to it thanks to the apples in the dip as well as used as the “chip” for the dip! Feel free to make it spicier by adding a bit of cayenne pepper or your favourite hot sauce. Your friends will be wowed by this yummy dip!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 12 oz (340 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garam masala
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Pacific Rose apples
- juice of 1 lemon (approx 2-3 tbsp)
- Combine cream cheese and spices in a small bowl.
- Core and quarter one of the two apples. Process in a food processor with lemon juice until the apple resembles grated apple (stop before you hit apple purée texture). If you don't have a food processor, you can use a box grater to grate the apple.
- Stir apple mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Core, quarter and slice the second apple into thin slivers to serve as the "chip" for the dip.
This recipe is kindly provided by Pacific Rose Apples.