Adding Persimon®, fennel and olives to this classic roast chicken recipe gives a touch of Mediterranean flair to this delicious, home-comfort-food dish.
Serves 1/6 of recipe
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 whole chicken (3-1/2 pounds, 1.75 kg), cut into 8 pieces and breasts halved crosswise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp ( 1mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
- 1 Persimon®, topped and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, topped and cut into 1/2 -inch (1 cm) wedges
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cracked green olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ªF (220°C).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add the paprika, salt and pepper and half of the parsley; toss to coat. Place the chicken, skin side down on the tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place the Persimon® wedges, fennel, olives and remaining parsley in a separate bowl. Add olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- At the 20 minute mark turn the chicken pieces over. Add the Persimons®, fennel and olives to the baking sheet and bake for an additional 20 - 25 minutes, turning once halfway through. Cook until the fennel is browned and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice or salad.
RDI: 4% calcium, 15% iron, 10% vitamin A, 15% vitamin C.
This recipe is provided thanks to Persimon, Kaki Ribera Del Xúquer, Foods from Spain, and the European Union.