There are so many ways to revamp pizza, and this roasted pumpkin naan bread pizza combines a lot of fall flavours with pumpkin and brussels sprouts. Bacon, caramelized onions, apples, and balsamic glaze bring this pizza to a whole new level by layering in sweetness, acidity, and smokiness. You can prep a lot of these ingredients ahead of time to throw together this pizza in about 20 minutes on any weeknight!
2 naan pizzas
- Vegetable oil to drizzle
- 1 Sweet Pac pie pumpkin
- 3 strips, Hickory smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces of Naan bread, grilled on both sides
- 1 cup (6-7) Brussels sprouts, shredded (halved then cut into ribbons)
- 1 Honey crisp apple, thin sliced, tossed lightly in cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60 mL) diced Maple smoked ham
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) Feta cheese, lightly crumbled
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Castello Blue cheese, lightly crumbled
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Balsamic vinegar glaze
- Cut, peel, and de-seed pie pumpkin. Cut into 1 inch slices and lightly drizzle with some vegetable oil. Season with your favourite herbs and spices and roast, cut until soft and caramelized (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a pan until browned and crispy. Remove bacon from pan but leave the fat. Cook caramelize onions in the same pan and cook on medium heat until it reaches a deep amber. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (205ªC).
- Assemble the pizza by spreading roasted Sweet Pac pumpkin all over the naan bread (this is replacing the traditional tomato pizza sauce).
- Add the shaved Brussel sprouts, sliced apples, caramelized onion, diced maple ham, and hickory smoked bacon. Sprinkle crumbled feta and blue cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes, and then broil for 2-4 minutes to brown the top. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Scotlynn Sweet Pac Growers!