Spruce up your Taco Tuesday by adding a little SunGold Kiwi sunshine! These super easy Shrimp Tacos with SunGold Kiwi Salsa are a perfect weeknight dinner idea while also being gorgeous enough for a weekend dinner with friends.
- 2 SunGold kiwi fruit
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lb (226 g) shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- In a bowl, combine Kiwifruit, scallions, red onion, cilantro, garlic and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze in juice of one lime. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash 1/2 avocado into a paste. Add Greek yogurt to create your crema. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Remove the tails from your shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to hot pan. Cook shrimp on each side for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Create you tacos by layering avocado crema, kiwi salsa and warm shrimp. Enjoy!
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Zespri Kiwifruit!