Apples, cheese and bacon are the perfect fall appetizer—both delicious and indulgent enough for a night of watching the big game, but elegant enough to be party finger food!
- 12 slices double-smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grainy mustard
- 2 Ontario Apples* cut into 24 wedges
- 8 oz (250 g) Oka cheese, cubed into 24 pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon in batches until cooked through but not crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and let cool.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half to make 24 small strips. Spread each strip with 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) mustard and wrap around an apple wedge and piece of cheese. Secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Arrange bites on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven just until bacon starts to bubble and cheese begins to melt, about 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook. Serve immediately.
*For best results use Ontario Honey Crisp, Gala, Fuji, Cortland or Red Delicious apples.
This recipe is kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Apple Growers.