20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 5 medium strawberries, hulled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups crisp salad greens, such as romaine or baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels
- 2 oz (57 g) goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL), hulled and quartered strawberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped cooked chicken
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Dressing: Purée strawberries, mustard, honey, lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil in small food processor or blender. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens with half of the dressing. Arrange greens on small platter and top with rows of corn, cheese, onion, avocado, strawberry, chicken, eggs and bacon. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
You need 2 cups of quartered strawberries in total for the salad so here’s a handy ratio 2 cups sliced strawberries = 3/4 lb = 1 pint
Add a few basil leaves to the greens for a nice addition.
Nutritional Information per Serving (1/4 Salad): Calories 431, Fat 24g, Cholesterol 131mg, Sodium 290mg, Carbohydrates 25g, Fibre 6.5g, Sugar 11g, Protein 21g