Vegetables: asparagus, leeks, lemon, garlic, shallots, onions, fennel, peas.
Spices & Herbs: chives, marjoram, olive oil, pepper, dill, parsley, tarragon, basil, oregano, and rosemary.
Savoury: bacon, eggs, ham, fish, chicken, veal, and seafood.
Other: vinegar, wine, sherry, stocks, cream, and cheese.
- Offer whole medium-sized mushrooms with a dip for an appetizer, or slice and add to green salads or soups.
- Butter-steam mushroom slices and add to omelettes, or serve atop steaks and hamburgers.
- Stuff large mushroom caps (2 to 3 inches in diameter) to bake as a side dish, or appetizer.
- Large portabellas can be marinated and grilled to be used as the ‘burger’ for a meat-free dish.
- Mushrooms add unique flavour to any dish! Pasta, salad, gravies or sauces, they always will add a complexity of flavour to your meal.
- Use mushrooms for vegetarian or vegan dishes to add a meatiness and umami taste, like in this risotto or this shepherd’s pie