This rich and creamy avocado salad dressing is a healthier option than a mayonnaise based dressing; and a little goes a long way. It tastes great tossed with iceberg lettuce, sliced cucumber, grated carrot, and diced cheese. Or, try it drizzled over diced tomatoes as a side dish to fried eggs and toast on the weekend.
- 1 large avocado, pitted with flesh scooped from skin
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro (optional)
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about ?lemon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a blender, puree avocado, cilantro, water, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Transfer to bowl and stir in garlic. (Can be refrigerated up to 5 days.)
If you don’t have a blender, a food processor or immersion blender will work just as well.
This dressing isn’t just for salads, you could use it with anything you’d use a cream dressing for such as veggies and dip!
By stirring your garlic in at the end, your dressing won’t be overpowered by the strong flavour of the garlic.
Make sure your avocado is really ripe in order to maximize the flavour of this salad dressing.