Dad is sure to love this meaty main meal that comes together quite quickly thanks to the help of man’s best appliance: the grill. The corn salsa adds a colourful fresh component to the dish, which can be served hot or at room temperature. Ingredients like olive oil, salt and pepper and not included in the “five” ingredients.
- Canola oil
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 pint Ontario Greenhouse grown cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Ontario red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for the steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; using the canola oil, oil grate. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until lightly browned all over, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool. Cut kernels from cobs and place in a medium bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes and red onion to the bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine and set aside.
- Drizzle both sides of the steak with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Grill steak, turning occasionally, until nicely browned and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130°F, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain and transfer to a platter. Spoon some of the corn salsa over the top and serve the remainder on the side. This dish can be served hot or at room temperature.