Ontario apples, squash, and sweet potatoes are classic fall foods. Warmed with pepper and nutmeg, this soup is soothed with some creamy Mascarpone cheese. Chef D makes this recipe in a pressure cooker, but you can make this apple, butternut squash and sweet potato soup on the stove top by adding more time on the heat.
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced butternut squash
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced sweet potato
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped onions
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 4 Ontario apples
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) chipotle pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) nutmeg
- 2 – 900mL of vegetable stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) Salerno Mascarpone Cheese
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients except cheese, salt and pepper to a pressure cooker. Seal the lid and place over med/high heat. Allow mixture to cook until the safety valve clicks ups and then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes to release steam. Remove lid when safety valve has gone down. Puree soup and add mascarpone cheese and season with salt and pepper
This recipe is written for use of a pressure cooker, if using a stock pot add 1 more hour for cooking
Recipe from Chef D.
Thanks to the support from Ontario Apple Growers!