Apricot’s fruity and floral flavours are swirled into sweet whipped cream in this simple apricot fool. Vanilla wafers add the perfect balance of sweet, crisp texture to make this stunning dessert! Make it ahead and conjure up summer summer dessert or post-BBQ treat! You can experiment by garnishing with some extra berries or folding vanilla bean into the whipping cream!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup (250 mL) cold heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apricot puree (about 3-4 apricots)
- Vanilla wafer cookies (4-6 cookies, crumbled per cup)
- Mint and apricot slices to garnish
- To make the apricot puree, peel your apricots either with a paring knife, or by scoring an X on the bottoms and blanching for about 30 seconds. Remove the pits and blend until puree forms. Set aside.
- Use a whisk or mixer to beat cold whipping cream with icing sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Swirl in apricot puree. Feel free to leave streaks of the puree or to stir in completely.
- Layer into your desired glass with crumbled vanilla wafer cookies and garnish with a sprig of mint and some slices of apricot for garnish!