This tart is so easy to make using puff pastry and makes the perfect lunch, brunch, appetizer or snack!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 140g (5oz) goat cheese, softened
- 125g (4.5oz) blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp 2% milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 bunch Ontario-grown asparagus, ends removed
- Additional blue cheese, for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp honey, for drizzling
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup microgreens, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a bowl whisk to combine the garlic, goat cheese, blue cheese, milk, and egg yolks. Chill the mixture until ready to use.
- On a floured surface roll the puff pastry out to a rectangle measuring 12x16”. Transfer the pastry to the baking sheet and trim the edges. Chill for 20 minutes.
- When the pastry is done chilling, crack the egg into a bowl and beat it with a fork. Brush the pastry all over with the egg wash avoiding the edges.
- Spread the blue cheese mixture in the center of the pastry, leaving a 1-inch boarder on all sides. Arrange the asparagus on top and transfer to the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through.
- Take the tart out of the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with crumbled blue cheese, a drizzle of honey, crushed red pepper flakes, and microgreens. Slice and serve immediately.
Watch the video:
Asparagus and Blue Cheese Tart
Recipe by: Susan of Rhubarb and Cod