Need a sushi fix? You can have one right at home with these easy, Avocado Sushi Tacos developed by Lisa from The Viet Vegan! This recipe is fast, versatile and completely vegan so it’s a great choice for everyone who loves sushi! Use creamy avocado and fresh edamame beans to give you a variety of different textures and flavours. You can also play around and add more of your favourite veggies to change things up a little.
Get inspired and watch the recipe video too!
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 15-20 roasted nori/seaweed snack sheets
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 medium ripe avocado (or 2 small ones), peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup edamame beans
- Soy sauce for dipping
- Optional: 1 tsp vegan roe (red seaweed pearls, found at IKEA)
- Make the spicy mayo by combining the vegan mayo and sriracha and stir until combined.
- To assemble the "tacos", use the nori sheet as a base, then layer a dab of spicy mayo, red seaweed pearls, a slice of avocado, about 2 tbsp of cooked rice and some edamame beans. Dip in soy sauce and enjoy!
- Alternatively, you can combine the rice, mayo, avocado (diced), seaweed pearls, and edamame in a bowl and mix well, and scoop that into nori sheets to enjoy. Both methods are delicious!
Lisa Le is the creator behind The Viet Vegan, a vegan and ethical lifestyle food blog and Youtube channel. She documents her plant-based life; sharing about delicious food, her eczema-healing journey, and mental health. Lisa always aims to advocate for veganism with an intersectional approach: creating vegan content with an environmentally-conscious, LGBTQ+ inclusive, self-critical and feminist lens.
Check out her other recipes here: