Baby Spring Mix, Quinoa and Pea Salad
- 1 cup (250 mL) organicgirl baby spring mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 tsp (12.5 mL) coarse sea salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup (185 mL) English peas
- 2 oz (55 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated meyer lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) fresh ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable stock and 1/2 tsp salt to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 14 min. Transfer to a bowl and cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan of rolling boiling water, blanch peas with remaining salt for about 1 minute. Drain and immediately transfer to an ice bath to retain colour and crispness.
- Add peas and remaining ingredients to quinoa.
- Toss with oil, salt, pepper, and serve at room temperature or chilled