The combination of avocado, bacon and grapes will surely make this one of your favourite salad recipes! Did you know that Chile is the largest exporter of fresh fruit from the southern hemisphere? When it’s winter here, we are getting grapes from Chile because it’s summer there!
Serves Serves 2 as a main; 4 as a side dish415
- 5 slices bacon
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 cup Chilean grapes, sliced into halves lengthwise
- ¼ medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2/3 cup toasted pecans
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- flaky salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Lay bacon on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place baking sheet in the cold oven. Turn oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake bacon until crisp – cooking time will depend on the thickness of your bacon, approximately 20-25 minutes. When the bacon is crisped to your liking, transfer the slices to a dinner plate lined with a paper towel to soak up any excess grease.
- In the meantime, prep your other salad ingredients: arrange spinach, grapes, red onion, avocado and pecans in a salad bowl or serving dish. Nestle torn bacon to the salad.
- Whisk together Dijon, balsamic, olive oil, a generous pinch of salt and ample black pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Dress the salad and serve right away!
This recipe was generously provided by our friends at Grapes from Chile.