Sweet potatoes go very well with chorizo sausage, cilantro, and sour cream. This recipe is very easy and, if you were to pair it with a simple salad, makes for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Olive oil
- 250 grams dry-cured spicy chorizo sausage, diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush cut side of sweet potatoes with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Place cut side down on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the sweet potatoes are done baking; heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add chorizo, cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Top each sweet potato half with chorizo, sour cream, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- To tell if a sweet potato is cooked, insert the tip of a small knife into the thickest part of the potato, if it slides in with no resistance it’s done cooking.
- Green onion can be substituted for cilantro as a garnish.
- Dry-cured spicy chorizo sausage can be found at the deli counter at the grocery store, usually next to the salami.