Make sure you’re getting your daily intake of fruits and vegetables with this Banana Berry Breakfast Smoothie! An easy way to get those in is with smoothies: they’re perfect for on the go and busy mornings where you don’t have time to sit down and eat but they are both filling and customizable too.
Incorporate some greens, nuts, seeds, flax, oatmeal or even some protein powder to keep you full until lunchtime.
- 2 whole bananas, peeled and chopped (frozen bananas will yield a thicker, colder smoothie)
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixed berries , frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) liquid of choice like milk, non-dairy milk alternative, or orange juice
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt (you could also substitute a berry yogurt)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately.