This banoffee pie starts with a deliciously simple graham cracker crust, and fills it with luscious dulce de leche. Topped with freshly, sliced bananas, a generous dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings, this pie takes it to a whole new level with creamy caramel and silky banana!
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter or margarine
- 1 can (300 mL) prepared Dulce le Leche*
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup (250 mL) of 35% cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Melt butter or margarine. Mix with crumbs and sugar, then evenly press into pie dish.
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Open the can of prepared Dulce le Leche and give it a stir in the can. Then pour evenly on top of the prepared crust.
- Cut bananas into thin slices and spread evenly over the “toffee” filling.
- Whip up the cream with sugar until stiff peaks form and spread evenly on top of the banana layer.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve to keep the cream from falling.
*Learn how to make delicious home-made Dulce le Leche from NicoleBurnsFood.
• For a fancier presentation, grate chocolate or place chocolate curls on top of the whipped cream.
• For a more indulgent, but sloppier pie use two cans of prepared Dulce le Leche.
NicoleBurnsFood is written by a mother of four who likes to cook and once upon a time sold baking professionally. With a background of food industry know-how, Nicole writes about interesting and relevant facts about food through her research. Check out her blog for more insightful food-inspired posts and recipes!