This grilled cheese recipe is a keeper! Simply pair Ontario Bartlett pears with the saltiness of bacon for a mouthwatering flavour combination.
15 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
- 8 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled or spreadable goat cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 Ontario Bartlett pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked bacon, or bacon bits
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic and butter. Lightly spread garlic-butter on each slice of bread. Arrange four bread slices, butter side down, on work surface.
- In a small bowl, whisk together goat cheese and honey until well combined.
- Divide pear slices, bacon, goat cheese and mozzarella in four and layer on top of the bread. Top each sandwich with a slice of bread, butter side facing out.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook grilled cheese for 3 minutes on each side or until each side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
This recipe was kindly provided by our featured member, Ontario Tender Fruit.