Thanks to Julie van Rosendaal for sharing this recipe from her new cookbook, Dirty Food.
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- juice of a lime (or peel and toss it in whole)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2-3 baby cucumbers, broken or cut into chunks
- a handful of radishes, broken or cut into chunks
- 1/2-1 cup chickpeas, well drained (and smashed if you like)
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta
- a few leaves of fresh mint, torn or thinly sliced
- a couple handfuls of crushed tortilla chips (good ones)
- To make the green sauce, whiz everything in a blender, cilantro stems and all, adjusting the lime juice and salt as needed to suit your taste.
- Assemble the salad by layering the cucumbers, radishes, chickpeas, avocado, feta and mint on a platter or individual plates. Drizzle with green sauce (stash extras in the fridge for a week or so—you’ll find so many uses for it) and sprinkle with tortilla chips.