If you’re not a lover of cauliflower, this basic roasted cauliflower recipe will change your mind! Roasting cauliflower intensifies its flavour and adds a slightly charred, caramelized flavour.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice cauliflower into quarters. Slice out the core from each quarter and discard (this will also remove the leaves). Break and slice cauliflower into bite-sized pieces (florets).
- Toss cauliflower, oil, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Spread cauliflower, in one layer, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast until cauliflower is browned and tender, turning cauliflower half way through, about 30 minutes.
- Try to keep the cauliflower florets to roughly the same size so that they cook at the same rate.
- Once you master this basic recipe for roasted cauliflower, trying experimenting with flavours. Have fun with spices by adding curry powder, paprika, Montréal steak spice, or fresh herbs – even Parmesan cheese and nuts taste awesome.
- If you’re making this recipe with an extra large head of cauliflower, you may need to add a bit more oil.
- You don’t need to use parchment paper for this recipe, just make sure you toss the cauliflower well with oil so that it doesn’t stick to the baking sheet.