Add a pop of colour to your plate with this creamy and crunchy beet slaw from TV regular, Chef D. Lots of flavour, lots of crunch, and your body will thank you for all the natural goodness that beets provide!
6 - 8 servings
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of finely sliced raw golden beets
- 1 cup of finely sliced raw candy cane beets
- 2 apples finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and purée for 1 minute until mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine all vegetables. Stir in dressing until vegetables and dressing are well combined. You can serve immediately or place covered in your refrigerator. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.