Sometimes you just need a multilayered dip to scoop to your heart’s desire. Serve this black bean avocado layer dip with tortilla chips, pita, or veggies! It’s perfect for parties, the big game, or for a night in with the family.
Check out our recipe tutorial video here:
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 can (540 mL/19 fl oz) black beans
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) + 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sea salt
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 medium vine tomatoes, diced (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated marble cheese (or brick cheese of your choice)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Add to a food processor with garlic powder, chilli powder, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Layer evenly on the bottom of a tall bowl.
- Mash or puree the ripe avocados with lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, finely diced jalapeno pepper, and salt. Layer over the black beans.
- Add diced tomato layer, then sour cream, then top with grated cheddar and finely chopped scallions.
- You can broil until the cheese is melted, or you can serve cold, it’s delicious either way! Serve with tortilla chips, pita, or even cucumber slices!