Spruce up your salad with this easy and protein-filled blueberry chicken chopped salad. Dijon vinaigrette adds a brightness to the salad, blueberries add a pop of flavour and juiciness. Romaine lettuce is actually FULL of nutrients, so eat up and feel good about your lunch!
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 pint (2 cups/500 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) roughly-chopped toasted pecans
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) diced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blue cheese (or any soft cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a separate plate and let rest for at least 5-10 minutes. Then chop into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl with the lettuce, blueberries, pecans, red onion, blue cheese, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
This recipe is kindly provided by Fruits from Chile, courtesy of the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council.