Make s’mores healthier with these simple snacks that are fast to whip up for school lunches or an after school snack. These blueberry s’mores use bananas instead of marshmallows, and peanut butter to keep the blueberries in place and add some extra protein to make this snack a bit more filling.
- 8 graham cracker squares (plain, cinnamon, or chocolate)
- 4 tsp (20 mL) of peanut butter*
- 1 banana, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh blueberries
- Spread each graham cracker with 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- On 4 of the graham crackers, arrange 4 banana slices and top with blueberries, dividing equally.
- Cover with remaining graham crackers and press gently.
*Or other nut butter of your choice—soy nut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc. You can also use plain or flavoured whipped cream cheese or whipped honey
This recipe is kindly provided by Fruits from Chile, courtesy of the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council.