Leeks release a delicious sweetness upon braising. Paired with the decadence of a burrata ball, simmered in a white wine sauce and served with a crispy crostini, creates a simple yet indulgent dish.
Serves 4-6 as a starter, 2 as a meal
- 2 leeks, dark green section and roots removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ball of burrata
- Fresh mint leaves for sprinkling
- Slice the leeks into 1 ½ inch chunks. Place the leeks in a colander and rinse thoroughly in cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the leeks cut-side-down and brown on both sides.
- Pour the wine over the leeks and add the butter and salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the leeks are tender.
- Pour the peas into the skillet and continue to cook until tender, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the leeks and peas to a plate using a slotted spoon and place the ball of burrata on top.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves and serve immediately with crusty bread or crostini.
Recipe provided by Produce Made Simple Ambassador Susan from https://rhubarbandcod.com/