Broccolini® is a natural cross between broccoli and gai lan (Chinese kale) so this dish takes on the sweetness of broccoli yet has a subtle peppery bite in the stem. Paired with almonds and citrus, it’s a light and refreshing side dish that you’ll enjoy regularly.
Serves 104 g
- 2 bunches Mann’s Broccolini®
- ⅓ cup almonds, sliced, natural
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup orange juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat a toaster oven to 350° F; toast almonds for 5 minutes.
- Place Broccolini® in large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes until tender. Immediately place in an ice bath to stop cooking. Remove from ice bath and dry on paper towels.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat; then cook butter 3-4 minutes, until medium brown. Add juice and cook 10 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in orange peel and salt. Add Broccolini and toss to warm thoroughly. Transfer to platter and sprinkle with almonds. Enjoy!
Calories 150 l Total Fat 12g (sat fat 6g trans 0g) l Cholesterol 25mg l Sodium 300mg l Total Carbohydrate 8g l Dietary Fiber 2g l Sugars 3g l Protein 4g l Vitamin A 35% l Vitamin C 120% l Calcium 8% l Iron 10%
This recipe was developed and shared with Produce Made Simple by Mann’s.