Who doesn’t love a frittata with some colourful green for brunch? Make this broccolini™ frittata for breakfast or lunch and go forth on your day feeling energized and full from all the green goodness that broccolini™ brings!
- 1 bunch Mann’s Broccolini®
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (250 mL) goat cheese, crumbled
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) red pepper flakes
- Preheat the broiler. Heat oil in a non-stick 9″ skillet. Break eggs into a bowl, mix with salt and red pepper flakes until just blended. Toss in Mann’s Broccolini® and garlic, cook about 1 minute over medium-high heat until Broccolini turns bright green. Reduce heat to medium and spread Broccolini in an even layer.
- Pour in eggs and cook, lifting edges as they firm up to let the uncooked egg flow under, until the underside is fully set (lift with a spatula to check). Shake pan now and then, to make sure frittata is loose. Sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler 1-2 minutes until the top is very lightly browned. Cut into wedges. Serve hot or cold.
Calories 240 | Calories from Fat 170 l Total Fat 19g (sat fat 7g trans 0g) l Cholesterol 325mg l Sodium 340mg l Total Carbohydrate 4g l Dietary Fiber 3g l Sugars 1g l Protein 16g l Vitamin A 340% l Vitamin C 35% l Calcium 8% l Iron 10%
This recipe was courtesy of our featured member, Mann’s!