This easy side dish will make everyone you know a fan of carrots! Create a steak-house experience at home with this as a side, and also as a compliment to your special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. This dish could be made a day ahead and then warmed up if you want to plan ahead!
- 1 pound fresh carrots, scrubbed and cut
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup bourbon
- Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
- Slice the carrots to be about the same size so they cook evenly. We suggest 1/4-inch-thick discs, or into matchsticks.
- Place all ingredients except salt, pepper and thyme into a large skillet and cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning. The liquid will reduce and turn into a glaze.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Get inspired and watch this recipe video!