Whether you’re hosting a halloween shindig or just looking to make an October meal look a little more festive for the kids, we think this citrus-laden spooky brew served alongside some Jack-O’-Lantern-like fruit cups is the perfect antidote to a late-fall day. Healthy really can be fun!
- 3 ½ cups fresh mandarin orange juice
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chilled sweet sparkling soda
- Ice cubes
- 1 orange for each Fruit Cup.
- Filling: orange pieces, melon balls, grapes, blueberries
- Chill freshly squeezed mandarin orange juice and lemon juice. Before serving, pour into a punch bowl or pitcher and stir in 1 cup chilled sweet sparkling soda and ice cubes. Taste for sweetness. To garnish, peel and slice mandarin oranges.
- To make the spook-tacular fruit cups: Cut off the top 1/5 of the orange and use a paring knife to separate the fruit from the inside of the orange, being careful not to cut through the peel. It’s not necessary to get all of the flesh out, just enough to fill with cut fruit.
- If necessary, shave a small amount of peel off the bottom so the cups sit level, being careful not to create an opening in the base. Use a paring knife to carve faces and fill each cup with your choice of orange pieces, melon balls, grapes and blueberries.
Thank you to our partner Citrus from Chile for generously sharing this recipe with us.